Ended Country Finance & Administration Manager
Country Finance & Administration Manager
Based in Aden, Yemen
The Finance and Administration Manager provides financial and accounting support to LWR ´s programs in Yemen and serves as the focal point for project report and records management. She/he has responsibility for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the financial management and accounting functions of the Yemen Country Program. Under supervision and guidance of RFAM and the Yemen Country Director, the F&A Manager provides financial, accounting, and administrative operations and procedures support to LWR Yemen in line with organization guidelines and internationally recognized accounting standards. The F&A Manager’s core functions include fund management; oversee administration, logistics and office management; provide technical assistance to the implementing partners for financial compliance to LWR and donor’s requirements. F&A Manager has a “dotted-line” reporting relationship to the Country Director.
The primary duties of the position are:
1. Lead in the control, registry and maintenance of all financial operations and transactions of the Yemen Country Office needs. This includes the following:
- Ensure adherence to LWR’s Financial Management procedures and regulations and supplementary manual.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of General Ledger accounts.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance and filing of supporting documentation, including payment and receipt vouchers, payroll vouchers and related tax documents, invoices of life insurance for employees, bank statements and reconciliation, etc.
- Enter financial transactions into the Accounts Software.
- Track the receipt of fund transfers and payment requests in coordination with LWR Headquarters financial and support personnel.
- Develop, manage and report on facilitation fund budgets.
- Preparation of check payments and control of Petty Cash reserves
- Develop and apply additional financial control formats and mechanisms as needed, in coordination with the Country Director, Deputy Director of Operations, Regional Finance and Admin Manager (RFAM), and the International Finance Unit at headquarters.
2. Budget Development and Serve as the F&A Focal Point for the Country Office
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external country financial audits.
- Facilitate the development of budgets for proposals submitted by LWR to external donors.
- Ensure compliance with local and US regulations and statutes (legal issues, taxes, benefits, etc.)
- Timely filing of all taxes including any applicable withholding taxes and returns.
- Monitor/Oversee the Employee Emergency Funds
- Provide internal financial training to LWR Yemen staff and Partners
- Review all supporting documents related to contracts and service agreements
3. Comply in a timely fashion with all financial reporting requirements required by headquarters and other funding sources, including:
- Prepare and send to the ME- RFAM and LWR HQ high-quality monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports according to established formats and calendar.
- Respond to inquiries from Regional Finance Manager and HQ Finance (International Finance).
- Ensure compliance with policies contained in LWR’s Program Manual and develop and maintain a local supplement to this manual to document additional local requirements applicable to LWR Yemen.
- Assist the Country Director in yearly budgeting and forecasting processes.
4. Partner Accompaniment and Finance Program Management
- Review and verify periodic financial and audit reports submitted by implementing partners prior to sending them to LWR HQ. Work with the Middle East RFAM and the Yemen Country Director to identify concerns to address with the partner.
- Review financial reports, and audits submitted to LWR by partners prior to submission to HQ.
- Conduct Pre-Award and Risk Assessments and perform vetting of potential partner organizations and their officers.
- Develop a training program for the partners based on the needs identified and provide the training.
- Incorporate appropriate "best practices" of accounting and financial management into partner organization systems and structures.
- Provide hands-on training support in select areas of organizational development including budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and produce partner financial compliance reports (for LWR and partner).
- Update partner reports and relevant information into LWR’s Project Management System
Skills and Requirements
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Accounting, Business Administration or the equivalent. Post-graduate course work highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated experience in the effective use and management of accounting and database software (please specify the type(s) in your application).
- Ability to be accurate and attentive to detail in project accounting, tracking and monitoring, writing, editing, typing and filing.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision; ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to travel frequently within the country (up to 50% of the time).
- A minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience in public accounting and/or office administration, preferably in the NGO sector.
Please submit cover letter, CV and at least 3 references via email to YemenHRRecruitment@lwr.org by February 21, 2020.
Kindly mention the job title in the Subject field of your email