Ended Logistics Officer
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Position: Logistics Officer
Reporting to: Field Coordinator
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Logistics Officer), based in Aden, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Logistic Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Purchase process
- Stock management
- Fleet Management
- Guest House/Office follow up
- Custom Clearance
- Security follow up
- Day to day logistics needs of office including regular and maintenance, support field sites and staff in coordination with Amin Logistician.
- Realize local purchasing of goods for the mission, according MdM Purchasing procedures and technical instructions
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for local purchases correctly
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester, collects the proof of delivery and proceed to the validation of the invoices by the Admin team
- Prepare all kind of contracts for goods and services.
- Keep and update all logistic filing system hard copy and softcopy.
- Responsible of a weekly allowance: ask the advance to the admin and justify them before the end of the week and the end of the month following MDM procedures (preforms, invoices, purchases files, contracts…).
- Do not accept money, loans, credits, gifts, entertainment or commissions from past, present or future suppliers
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts).
- Receive orders: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the Admin Logistician, Supplier and requester of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- After reception, puts the goods away following instructions of the Admin Logistician update the stock cards, recording the reference number of the receipt document, and put the goods away.
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Registration and follow up of all new equipment in the mission according to MdM procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the cars: be sure that the drivers realize daily/weekly maintenance.
- Supervise activities of driver for filling the logbook and explain them if there is some mistakes
- Fill the vehicle monthly follow-up document
- Organize movements of car following movements planned and affected the drivers to the movements
- Check and follows fuel consumption and spare parts.
- Transmit a fuel consumption report to Amin Logistician on a monthly basis
Transportation of goods
- Analyses risks / access / delay and organizes deliveries to the bases and programs;
- Assess and Follows all different transport suppliers
- Organize all transportation for MdM program.
- Follow up custom clearance process in collaboration with the liaison & security officer.
Guest House Office follow up
- Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment in the whole office and Guest House
- Follow up the repairs when needed: contact the repairers and buy material needed
- Follow-up the security context and any deterioration in this that could affect operations and provide guidance to teams/sites as required under the responsibility of Logistic Coordinator.
- Report any security related issues to the Logistic Coordinator.
HR and management of MdM logistics teams
- Defining the tasks of each team member, supervising them on a daily basis and monitoring the quality of their work (punctuality, precision, quality, etc.)
- Realize regular (weekly/monthly) meeting with the drivers, and with the guards
Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to Amin Logistician.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Participate in the working groups with others NGOs
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Admin Logistician.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or similar field study.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position, experience with INGO is an asset.
Other skills required:
- Good Communication skills,
- Ability to work in a team as well with others,
- Organization skills, Quality management skills,
- Knowledge of logistics systems and ability to meet with deadlines,
- Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations,
- Ability to contribute individually to greater goal.
Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) by email: email@example.com
- End of submission: Tuesday, 18th Feb. 2020.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates from local governorate are high encouraged to apply.
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted