Ended Doctor Anaesthetist
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Haydan hospital – Saada governorate.
Haydan Hospital is a public hospital in Saada Governorate. MSF supports the emergency room, the paediatric ward, maternity, and the OPD since several years. Currently, construction of OT and additional wards are in the last phase, surgical activities are expected to start soon.
Length of contract: one year fixed contract MSF (renewable). Contract type: Full time contract.
Opening date: 06/02/2020 KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anaesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anaesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Essential, Doctor Anaesthetist diploma.
- Two years desirable working experience. in a hospital environment as an Anaesthetist
- Experience with MSF or other NGO Desirable.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives.
- High motivation, flexibility, quick learning and team working.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and English.
Applications must be addressed in English.
Candidates should submit CV and motivation letter, License, Anaesthetist diploma, to the following:
Médecins Sans Frontières/France- Saadah firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 20th February 2020 at 6:00 pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.
Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned.