Programme Assistant (Multiple positions & Multiple locations) - (2000357)
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: One year (Subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Posting Date: Feb 5, 2020, 1:17:45 PM
Closing Date: Feb 20, 2020, 1:59:00 AM
Location: (Sanaa, Aden, Hodeidah, Saada, Taiz, Ibb, Mukalla, Marib and Turbah)
Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
Multiple positions and Multiple locations
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide full administrative support to the assigned programme.
Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor. Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required;
2. Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, arrange for visa issuance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions;
3. Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff. Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates, response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate;
4. Using GSM, monitor aspects of the implementation of country activities, funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country workplan. Initiate and process different transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services. Follows up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments;
5. Compile background material for planning, monitoring and evaluation (including mini-review) exercises. Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable). Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material;
6. Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held in the country (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops) and pay per diem to participants as appropriate (if needed);
7. Respond to and act on telephone enquiries in a timely manner. Assess the critical nature of technical issues and direct them to appropriate staff for reply, coordinate appointments for supervisors, establish and maintain a proper computerized information system on MOH and UN counterparts, WHO Collaborating Centers, etc.
8. Brief colleagues on general office administrative process. Assist/replace administrative staff in the team and perform other related duties as required. Participate in field visits, if required;
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset
Essential: At least five years' progressive administrative experience
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors.
- Demonstrated ability to translate routine correspondence into English.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide applicable to the administrative level an asset
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of local language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 18,997 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Interested candidates are kindly requested and strongly encouraged to apply on-line. You may access through:
· Career portal (WHO staff/internal): https://careers.who.int/careersection/in/jobsearch.ftl
· Career portal (external candidates): https://careers.who.int/careersection/in/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000357&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FRiyadh
The system provides instructions for on-line application procedures.
Deadline for application: 20 February 2020, at 1:59:00 AM. (Interested candidates are, therefore, requested to observe time differences in their locality)