Project Coordinator (3)
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Vacancy: 3 Project Coordinators
The Project Coordinators will be responsible for leading the coordination of activities in three targeted governorates in southern Yemen for a new project entitled “Yemen Systems, Health, and Resiliency Project” (SHARP), funded by USAID Yemen. SHARP aims to strengthen resilience within Yemen’s Health Sector to withstand the fluctuating humanitarian, early recovery, and development cycle context. This will be achieved through two objectives: (i) engendering demand for and improving healthy behaviors in reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH), as well as nutrition; and (ii) improving governance by cultivating trust among local authorities and training them in conflict and communication skills.
The lead implementing partner is John Snow, Inc. (JSI) and other implementing partners are the Yemeni Family Care Association (YFCA) and National Yemeni Midwives Association (NYMA). The Project Manager will work closely with all three consortium partners as well as the wider Search-Yemen team. Search’s project interventions will focus on, among other things, conducting needs-based assessments, designing and disseminating key messages for target populations, connecting media partners to community committees, introducing tools to increase local health services’ efficacy, strengthening the capacity of local leaders through workshops and trainings, and implementing conflict scans.
Based in Aden, the Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager.
The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Project Manager and will perform the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of all technical aspects of daily project activities, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Operate in coordination with consortium partners to ensure comprehensive project implementation and integration of peacebuilding activities across the programming.
- Serve as a point of contact for local partners and consultants, maintaining positive relationships and collecting feedback, including challenges that will form the basis of project evaluation and adjustments to project implementation.
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Carry out frequent field visits to targeted districts to manage and supervise the project's activities and give feedback and guidance to facilitators and consultants.
- Keep the Project Manager informed on progress achieved and challenges faced throughout project implementation.
- Prepare regular reports and documentation of activities conducted including visual documentation.
- Coordinate and compile Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, activity results, and documentation with Search M&E team and Project Manager.
- Maintain regular communication with the logistics department concerning the procurement of supplies.
- Ensure quality filing and reporting systems for project activities, feeding into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
- Support on the preparation of brochures, and other relevant communication materials concerning the project.
- Provide additional administrative work, as needed and required.
- Commit to implementing the goal of gender equality and maximize the participation and involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in Search policies and procedure manuals.
- Follow all organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the HR department.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment and/or equivalent experiences.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position including extensive fieldwork.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in administrative, organizational, and operational project work.
- Strong experience in coordinating project activities amongst a wide range of stakeholders.
- Previous work with local CSOs, NGOs, and local government structures is highly desirable.
- Strong capacity-building experience with some training experiences.
- Demonstrated reporting skills and the ability to capture results.
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear manner.
- Good knowledge of the Yemeni conflict context and previous experience working in local contexts in Yemen.
- Knowledge of health systems in Yemen, knowledge of RMNCH+Nutrition systems would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in conflict transformation and peacebuilding is highly desirable.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, and hard-working.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and
- computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including logistics, correspondence, and financial reports.
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote areas.
- Excellent command of Arabic language skills required and English language skills desirable.
This position will close on February 22, 2020.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover Letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.