Ended Business Support Assistant (Nutrition)
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Yemen is pleased to announce the below vacancy advertisement. We would highly appreciate if you could circulate this announcement to all interested.
Business Support Assistant (Nutrition)
Contract type: Service Contract
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Sana’a - Yemen
Application deadline: 20th February 2020 @11:59 p.m. (Yemen time)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
For more on WFP and what we do, please watch this video.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff. Liaise with internal/external counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities for nutrition. (organize and coordinate all logistical support for jointly filed visits with MoPHP, visitors from CO, RB and HQ.).
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available including official letters, note for the records and other program documents. Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff. This also includes to organize and structure all nutrition related documents and relevant communication within the unit, and to the field offices.
- Provide technical support in the implementation and monitoring of nutrition program activities and processes within the specific area of work (BSFP/TSFP) to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies.
- Management of NFIs needs and support FOs on the preparation of NFIs specification and follow up with the procurement unit to finalize the printing process. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed, as well as provide admin and business support to all team member.
- Provide support to other team member (prepare and validate FRN, review invoice and work on agreements with CPs).
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Candidates with an education background in nutrition and health will be prioritized.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream including 2 years of experience in nutrition programming.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) in Arabic language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
Deadline of application: 20 February 2019
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To view the job description and apply to the mentioned vacancies, please go to the link associated to the VA you want to apply to and then:
1.Create your online CV
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account (if you do not already have one)
For external candidates, please click here to apply: External
For WFP Internal candidates, please click here to apply: Internal