Ended Emergency Shelter & NFIs Distribution Project Officer
Emergency Shelter & NFIs Distribution Project Officer
Position Title: Emergency Shelter & NFIs Distribution Project Officer.
Employer: Altwasul for Human Development (Altwasul).
Duty Station: Aden with travelling to the targeted Governorate (Abyan).
Duration: 9 Months
Starting Date: 06/02/2020
Application Deadline: 15/02/2020
Reporting to: Project Manager
Contract duration: 9 months
Altwasul for Human Development ( Altwasul ) Summary:
Altwasul for Human Development is a civil Yemeni Organization mainly works in Health, Education, Shelter, FSA, Nutrition, Building Capacity, Relief and Community development in all Governorate.
- Monitor field activity implementation and progression.
- Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related stakeholders for organizing workshops as and when required
- Assist in minutes taking for program/project meetings and in drafting research reports as required.
- Assist in coordinating of the planned events of the project
- Assist in drafting inputs for the project’s reports
- Conduct frequent field visits to targeted governorate to supervise project interventions, as necessary.
- Ensure that project activities are well coordinated with search Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team based on applied data collection tools and data flow mechanisms.
- Coordinate efforts with other AlTwasul projects to ensure targeted cooperation and synergy for more efficient resource use and better results.
- Ensure that interventions conducted are in-line with project documents and consistent with contractual arrangements committed to the donor.
- Adhere to Altwasul values and principles during all project implementation stages, especially to those related to gender sensitivity.
Administrative & financial tasks/ responsibilities;
- Participate in Altwasul management meetings and report on proceedings of project performance in case of project manager absent.
- Provide inputs and any required support for expanding Altwasul visibility (this includes the preparation of brochures, visual materials, and other relevant communication materials on project activities).
Overall organizational & leadership responsibilities;
- Fulfill commitments for the project goal of gender equality through ensuring the participation and involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
- Maximize safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with and for the targeted communities.
- Prioritize adherence to all organizational policies, rules, and procedures (as outlined in Altwasul policies and procedure manuals).
- Apply organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided in general and those advised by search HR department.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent field experiences.
- At least 2 years professional proved experience in a comparable position.
- Previous engagement in distribution of NFIs kits.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in administrative, organizational, and operational project work.
- Proven work experience with/ for, NGOs, and local government structures is desirable.
- Strong capacity-building experience.
- Ability to maintain and develop professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Capability to define and manage priority aspects with deadlines and in an efficient manner.
- Ability to lead professional teams towards predefined results.
- Capability to work in different environment based on deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to work with minimum supervision.
- Problem solving orientation.
- Willingness to travel within the country and within fragile conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and social tolerance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both Arabic and English).
- Very good knowledge and skills in computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel etc…).
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote areas.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, manage and adapts management style according to need and changes in the project
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to convene stakeholders
- Focused on results and achieving the set goals under challenging circumstances
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- In-depth knowledge of emergency relief policies and practices within national and international NGOs
- Some knowledge and experience about national disaster prevention and preparedness programs
- Qualified applicants meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the following link:
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.