Ended WASH Assistant - BCC
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is a fast-growing organisation and has recently opened new offices. ZOA currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
WASH Assistant - BCC Aden– 1 position
The WASH Assistant is the focal person in the district and assist the officers to identify the beneficiaries needs and selecting locations, communicate, facilitate and follow up of implementation and activities.
Tasks, responsibilities, results
The WASH Assistant would be assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
Assist in Needs Identification:
- Explore the areas in need within the district
- Be involved in needs assessments
- Identify target areas according to donor criteria
- Identify vulnerable population and target beneficiaries according to the donor criteria
- Inform district leaders and communities about ZOA’s plans to do a needs assessment
- Inform the project officers about issues/problems in the field
- Ensure CHS by informing the communities about ZOA’s selection criteria; about project conditions and project deliverables
- Supervise the foremen and community mobilisers in the field
- Monitor project implementation on a daily basis
- Ensure that materials and tools/equipment kept in the field are well maintained and protected
- Assist the -WASH officers in establishing community committees
- Be involved in training the community committees and participate in the community committee meetings
- Collect beneficiary lists with complete information
- Be involved in data collection during baseline/ progress and end term assessments
- Fill out all (monitoring) forms provided by the WASH officers and submit them on a weekly basis
- Fill out all monitoring forms as provided by the WASH officers with support from the Sn. WASH Coordinator.
- Ensure that the goods delivery and reception is followed up and well documented
- Submit weekly reports to the Sn. WASH Coordinator.
- Local authorities
- Sheikhs and community leaders
- Contractors, suppliers
- Field base team
- Community Supervisors
- Community Volunteers
- Good in spoken and written English
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic .
- Completed BSC or Diploma In related field, preverbal in public health
- Computer skills (word and excel)
- Adhere to ZOA values.
- Adhere to the humanitarian values and willing to serve poor communities
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Can “think outside the box” to generate new ideas and ways of implementation
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Judgement and problem solving
- Good communicator
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
Willingness to be based in the districts if needed.
Location: Aden, with frequent travel to Lahj and Al Dhalea
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2020 with possibility for extension.
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy. Kindly put the following in the subject field: FSL Project Assistant
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المدينة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 19th of February 2020.