Ended Physiotherapist (Daily Worker)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
PHYSIOTHERAPIST (DAILY WORKER)
Location: Aden Trauma Center – behind Al Sadaqah Hospital.
Contract type: Daily Worker
Reporting to: Physiotherapist supervisor, Medical director.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following medical prescription, plan and carry out individual treatment programmed, by assessing patients’ physical state, in order to maintain, improve or rehabilitate the physical well- being of the patient and prevent physical handicaps.
- Assess patient physical capacities, using different procedures (e.g. functional capacity tests) in order to set up treatment objectives with the patient and therefore improve patient's health and wellbeing. Assess the need for assistive devices, casts, wheelchairs or any other support regarding the functional mobility.
- Elaborate and implement physiotherapy programs, including physiotherapy exercises, chest physio, treatment of nerve injuries, education, utilization of physiotherapy devices and orthopedic equipment, educating and advising patients and their caretakers on how to prevent and/or improve conditions, in order to maintain, accelerate and improve activity results.
- Participate actively to the medical round; communicate with the team regarding the patient problems, needs and progress. Ensure that the surgeons prescribe physiotherapy sessions when needed.
- Respect the rules and precautions for hygiene infection control
- Be able to work in ICU, inpatient and outpatient department, with pre – op and post-op, acute and chronic trauma patients.
- Prepare or remove POP and backslap on prescription. Adjust, maintain and train patients for the proper use of various assistive devices.
- Identifies patient’s needs regarding Activities of Daily Living and train the patients and their caregivers for his/her maximal autonomy. Provides training to families and caregivers on home exercises, as appropriate.
- Performs daily circulatory exercises with all bedridden patients and train the patient in bed mobility and transfers.
- Actively monitor and report physiotherapy activities (correctly filling in patient files, forms, statistics, and reports) in order to improve quality service, preserving patient’s data traceability.
- Take care of physiotherapy equipment and its cleaning.
- Report to the Physiotherapist supervisor any problem arising in the service including loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines in order to implement the appropriate measures.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive and the employee can be asked to perform other tasks, according to the necessary daily work and the occasional needs of the mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Essential, Physiotherapist official degree/diploma.
- 1 year experience required. (The one from the study period is considered as an experience).
- Fluent Arabic Essential; Fluent English Essential.
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service, confidentiality, rigorous, initiative.
- Good communication (written and oral) and diplomatic skills.
Applications must be addressed in English Candidates should submit CV and motivation letter to the following:
Médecins Sans Frontières Aden - HR Office In the mail box at the main gate: HR Office, behind Al Sadaqah Hospital, Aden
with the mention of “PHYSIOTHERAPIST DW” on the envelope
or In the e-mail address: email@example.com
with “PHYSIOTHERAPIST DW” as the subject.
Deadline for application: 15th February 2020 at 6:00 PM
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned.