Ended Social Worker
Position: Social Worker
Job site: South Taiz – Al-Turbah
Report to: Senior Social Worker and Activity Coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff (ASAP to June 2020 > probation period with possibility of renewal)
The Social Worker is responsible for the efficient and correct implementation of case management activities for Persons with Specific Needs (PwSN), Child Protection (CP) cases and most vulnerable women (WAR). They should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination. They are responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
INTERSOS is implementing in South Taiz 2 protection projects to support IDPs, Returnees and host communities/conflict affected local communities. The response is provided through a static and mobile approach: One-stop assistance center is located in Al-Turbah and outreach activities are provided in different districts in South Taiz.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified during assessments or referred internally or by other agencies, and assess their needs for financial or material assistance;
- Conduct assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being;
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases;
- Refer cases internally for legal assistance, cash assistance or other services provided by INTERSOS, and discuss the cases with the Senior Social Workers;
- Under the supervision of the Senior Social Worker, ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up, and information sharing;
- Conduct Need Assessment of the cases referred from the Protection Monitors;
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected and ensure to keep complete and well-organized records;
- Carry out group PSS and life-skills sessions for PwSN, CP cases and GBV survivors or HHs members of PwSNs;
- Provide daily updates to the Senior Social Worker about new cases assessed;
- Participates in daily staff and internal meetings led by Senior Social Workers;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and conduct all activities respectfully and in a way that is sensitive to the psychosocial needs of the case.
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent cases
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 2 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for PwSN, CP and GBV;
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 16 February 2020
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand, will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!