Ended Midwife Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR
Requirements for the position
- Diploma of Midwife (or any Diploma recognized in the country and /or the Ministry of Health to practice as such)
- Essential 2 years of certified experience as Midwife.
- Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s is considered an asset
- Essential: fluent in Arabic and English
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Place of work: AL QANAWIS district, Hodaidah governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Current year, with 3 months of probation period. Possibility of renewal
Others: Salary : Based on the organization scale
Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, according to MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring team work and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs Gyne MD and following the protocols
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of valid work permit from the medical council in Sanaa, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Sunday 16/02/2020.
Please mention the position title “MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.