Ended Nursing Team Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR
Requirements for the position
- Speciality (nurse, labtech, midwife or anesthetist) 3 years diploma essential
Essential 2 years of previous experience Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Essential Arabic and English.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
Place of work: AL QANAWIS District, Hodaidah Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2020, with possibility of extension
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action (Nursery, laboratory, midwifery, anesthesiology) and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality, i.e. perform as a nurse, midwife, labtech and anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/reports to medical focal point.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of valid work permit from the medical council in Sanaa, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
Or in the MSF office in Al Qanawis.
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Sunday 16/02/2020.
Please mention the position title “NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.