Ended Pharmacy Assistant
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: PHARMACY ASSISTANT
Requirements for the position
- Literacy and numeracy. Medical profile not essential but recommended. Diploma in pharmacist would be an assest
Experience in similar positions
Essential Arabic and English
Place of work: AL QANAWIS District, Hodeida Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2020, with possibility of extension
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Assisting the pharmacy storekeeper in ensuring the proper general functioning of the central pharmacy and the supply to other field pharmacies, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Maintaining the adequacy of storage and hygiene conditions of pharmacy according to MSF protocols.
- Participating in physical inventories and organization of stock according to MSF recommended storage guidelines.
- Participating in preparing and sending to the different health structure (packaging, transport…). If working as a dispenser, verify with prescriber in case of unclear prescription or difference from standard protocols, and that patients are counseled appropriately regarding their prescribed treatments.
- Participating in the reception of supplies.
- Ensuring that no material is taken without authorization and that the security regulations of the pharmacy are respected.
- Reporting immediately in case of robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines. Taking actions to avoid or prevent the robberies and damages on the equipment.
- Updating stock cards and informing the stock manager as soon as an item reaches the minimum or maximum threshold or is about to expired.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
Or in the MSF Spain office in Al Qanawis.
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Sunday 16/02/2020.
Please mention the position title “PHARMACY ASSISTANT” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.