Ended Pharmacy Storekeeper
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: PHARMACY STOREKEEPER
Requirements for the position
Essential, secondary school. Desirable, medical related studies
- Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs
- Essential Arabic and English
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Place of work: AL QANAWIS District, Hodeidah Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2020, with possibility of extension
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes:
- Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and;
- Ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of valid work permit from the medical council in Sanaa, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
Or in the MSF Spain office in Al Qanawis.
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Sunday 16/02/2020.
Please mention the position title “PHARMACY SUPERVISOR” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.