Ended Pharmacy Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: PHARMACY SUPERVISOR
Requirements for the position
- Essential Degree of pharmacy management
- Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs
- Essential Arabic and English
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Place of work: AL QANAWIS District, Hodaidah Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2020, with possibility of extension
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of valid work permit from the medical council in Sanaa, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
Or in the MSF Spain office in Al Qanawis.
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Sunday 16/02/2020.
Please mention the position title “PHARMACY SUPERVISOR” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.