Ended Medical Translator/ Interpreter
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF Spain is advertising for the following position: Medical Translator/ Interpreter
Requirements for the position
- Essential university degree, health knowledge advisable
- Desirable with previous experience in MSF or other NGOs
- Essential: Fluent in Arabic and English (written and oral)
- Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment, Stress Management
Place of work: AL QANAWIS District, Hodaidah Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2020, with possibility of extension
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate MSF internal / external documents into local language(s).
- Keep record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
Or in the MSF Spain office in Al Qanawis.
Deadline for the submission of applications is before the end of Sunday 16/02/2020.
Please mention the position title “MEDICAL TRANSLATOR / INTERPRETER” in the subject of the email, otherwise the application won’t be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and interview.