Ended Finance Assistant
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Aden
International Medical Corps has maintained a presence in Yemen since 2012, providing lifesaving support to people in need. In 2015, International Medical Corps transitioned its development-focused nutrition and health interventions to a rapid emergency response in order to provide lifesaving health and nutrition support to the people due to the ongoing humanitarian emergency. International Medical Corps so far has expanded its integrated health, nutrition, food security, and WASH activities to the most severely affected governorates in the country.
The position will be based in Aden and will report to the Sr. Finance Officer and Finance Officer. The person will be responsible for managing Cash transactions, payment and liquidity as per the IMC set standards and protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pay the incentives and Visa fees as per required.
- Pay Cash Advance and following up the clearance before the end of the month.
- Ensure that approval is obtained for all expenses, review and verify for appropriate signatures.
- Repair cash & bank payment Vouchers and ensure that all cash &bank transactions are property documented.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on daily basis, reporting any over/under to the Finance Officer.
- Prepare, scanning and filing on monthly basis or other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to the Country Office.
- Ensure all checks and cash payments are stamped PAID on the original documents to avoid duplicate payment.
- Assist in providing necessary documents for adjustments and audit Verification purpose.
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Perform other duties as and when required by Supervisor.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to: Sr. Finance Officer
directly supervise: Finance Officer
- University degree in Accounting/Business Administration.
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience
- Very Good Skills in English spoken written.
- Ability of work under stress.
- Very Good computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- 1-2 Years previous experience working for NGO's is preferable.
- Must work independently under difficult condition and limited supervision.
- Accountability is required to develop and achieve activities.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
If you are interested for the vacancy please send your CV to IMC-AdenHR@InternationalMedicalCorps.org
You need to write the title of the position you apply for it in the "email subject line"