Ended Aden Office Coordinator
Open to Internal Candidates
Position: Aden Office Coordinator
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Organizational Department: Management
Duty Station: Aden - Yemen
Type of Appointment: Short-Term 3 Months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : COB 16, February 2020
Islamic Help - Yemen Programme seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ABOUT ISLAMIC HELP – YEMEN PROGRAMME
Islamic Help is a UK registered-charity and international NGO established in 2003. It officially launches its work in Yemen in 2012 focusing on WaSH, Health, Food Security, Protection, Orphan welfare, Nutrition and Education in more than 15 governorates in Yemen.
In 2020, Islamic Help is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide millions of people with basic services and mitigate the situation of people suffering from the current conflict.
Strategic and Program Development
- Develop and implement program strategies in the Governorate in the areas of WaSH, FSL, Health & Nutrition, protection education and NFIs. Experience with mainstreaming gender throughout the project cycles is important
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and coordination with local and international partners
- Support programs/project managers advisor in proposal development for the program area
- Represent the organization in relevant meetings and coordination mechanisms in Aden and adjacent governorates.
- Participate in Cluster hub meetings effectively and regularly
Project Management and quality control
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of projects as per organization and donor guidelines. Where needed support the development programmatic materials to guide program implementation according to the program and organization guidelines
- Ensure efficient and effective use of resources and ensure adherence to organization and donor guidelines of compliance
- Establish and provide overall oversight on monitoring at both output and outcome levels, in accordance with project MEAL Plans
- Develop in coordination with program and finance staff thoughtful narrative and financial reports to Programmes Officer on project implementation and targets
- Coordinate Knowledge Management and Learning and support relevant staff in reporting and information management and effective project documentation
- Support all efforts at accountability to local communities and other beneficiaries, engaging all relevant actors in participatory design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programming
- Proactively ensure that staff operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies
Office and staff management
- Ensure office, assets and warehouses are managed well and all HR and finance procedures are in place and implemented according to the organization guidelines
- Promote a culture of organizational learning by actively identifying challenges and supporting formulation of lessons learned. Manage the team effectively and through encouragement and coaching. Promote a positive work environment and internal team dynamics to ensure that every staff member can achieve excellence and effectively contribute to the team
- Develop the capacity of the team with respect to programme goals and themes and assist their overall career development through internal technical training and mentorship.
- Submit Monthly progress report to the Country Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor degree equivalent in conflict management, international relations, social science, or related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 1 years working on MEAL system issues with international or non-governmental organizations
- At least 2 years of management experience in progressively responsible positions
- Proven experience in project cycle management, including project start-up and close-down
- Demonstrable experience of proposal writing and program development
- Adequate skills in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Cross cultural experience in development setting
- Strong time management, planning and budgeting skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Effective delegator, with participatory leadership skills
- Provides regular feedback, acknowledges success and the need for improvement
- Coaches, challenges and provides opportunities for growth
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Islamic Help is an equal opportunity employer.
- Islamic Help does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted through email in English or Arabic language.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 15 of May 2020 with possibility for extension
Salary will be determined after the interview
Kindly send your relevant CV to an email: email@example.com
Kindly write “Aden Office Coordinator” in the subject box of the email