Ended Programmes Officer/CD Assistant
Open to Internal Candidates
Position: Programmes Officer/CD Assistant
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Organizational Department: Management
Duty Station: Taiz - Yemen
Type of Appointment: Short-Term 3 Months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : COB 16, February 2020
Islamic Help - Yemen Programme seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ABOUT ISLAMIC HELP – YEMEN PROGRAMME
Islamic Help is a UK registered-charity and international NGO established in 2003. It officially launches its work in Yemen in 2012 focusing on WaSH, Health, Food Security, Protection, Orphan welfare, Nutrition and Education in more than 15 governorates in Yemen.
In 2020, Islamic Help is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide millions of people with basic services and mitigate the situation of people suffering from the current conflict.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The programmes officer will be responsible for developing plans that ensure smooth implementation of all projects of Islamic Help. S/he will be responsible for quality implementation according to national and global guidelines and standards. S/he will ensure that all activities and documentation follow Islamic Help’s Policies, Guidelines and Procedures. The Programmes Officer will be responsible for the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting on different projects and administrative tasks assigned to him/her in a given governorate. S/he will supervise all projects related activities and report on their timelines, progress, and flag up issues or potential delays, prepared to initiate mitigation measures to ensure the projects implementation meets deadlines. S/he supports the overall projects teams in strategic contingency planning ahead of anticipated humanitarian response.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Planning and Implementation:
- Participate in community and beneficiary mobilization and sensitization related activities
- Carry out all media documentation including footage, pictures, documentaries and manage media policy of the organization and supervising IH – Yemen Programme website and social media sites.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of projects as per organization and donor guidelines. Where needed support the development programmatic materials to guide program implementation according to the program and organization guidelines.
- Facilitate monitoring of implemented projects (field visit, regular monitoring, budget forecast, staff evaluation and planning, donor’s reports, monthly reports, etc.).
- Develop action plans for projects implementation, including all technical specifications for project implementation.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of daily project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Regularly update project implementation plans with associated time lines, maintaining detailed work plans and written records of work undertaken in the project.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in projects implementation.
- Support gender analysis and integration into all aspects of programming during beneficiary selection.
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of actors involved in the projects;
- Carry out market assessments to ascertain the feasibility of market-based programming
- In consultations with the Country Director, decide on the appropriate time, modality and approaches for projects implementation.
- Work with the Country Director to develop standard operating procedures for the projects’ activities component of the interventions.
- Assist the Country Director in planning, orgainizing, leading and controlling programmes and projects of the organization.
- Propose to the country Director projects and interventions needed to improve the situation of Yemeni people according to Islamic Help’s policies and priorities.
- Participate actively in meetings and workshops of the National Clusters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Coordination and Reporting:
- Document implementation of all program related activities and track progress towards programs and projects targets, keeping all team members apprised of achievements, delays, and issues.
- Support the development and maintenance of strong communication and relationships with national and local authorities and the local communities.
- Work closely with the projects managers/coordinators to ensure internal weekly and/or monthly reports are submitted on time and are of an acceptable standard.
- Coordinate closely with the projects managers/coordinator, and Finance officer to ensure proper logistics, administration, human resources of the projects are conducted within IH’s policy and with the maximum benefit to the projects.
- Participate in cluster coordination meetings with other partners and report back on all discussions concerning projects related matters.
- Work closely with MEAL team in collecting data, updating the database and report writing.
- Monthly reporting to the Country Director about the activities of the organization.
Staff Management and leadership
- Provide encouragement, constructive feedback, support, coaching, as well as conducting performance appraisals to the project’s managers/coordinators.
- Provide guidance to staff on all issues related to projects implementation;
- Maintain strong understanding of the security, political, cultural, and overall contextual situation in Yemen regarding accessibility to targeted areas and movements of populations
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership
- Proactively ensure that teams members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Work closely with the security focal point and security apparatuses to analyse security situations and take appropriate Measures before going to the field and while in the field.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Progammes Officer is expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Support and provide direct supervision to Offices coordinators and projects/progammes managers and coordinators.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO:
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
projects teams, Finance officer and logistics
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred master degree in related field.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in NGOs (local or international)
- Strong team leadership and technical expertise are critical.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted.
- •Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- •Ability to engage with local communities in rural areas.
- •Physically able to spend the long periods of time in the field.
- •Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- •Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- •English fluency and writing skills are required.
- •Ability to travel inside and outside the country.
- Previous humanitarian experience in different sectors will be an advantage
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Islamic Help is an equal opportunity employer.
- Islamic Help does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted through email in English or Arabic language.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 15 of May 2020 with possibility for extension
Salary will be determined after the interview
Kindly send your relevant CV to an email: email@example.com
Kindly write “Programmes Officer/CD Assistant” in the subject box of the email