Ended Water Tanker Drivers (2)
Position: 2 water tanker drivers
Duty Station: Taiz - Yemen
Type of Appointment: Short-Term 3 Months
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: COB 16, February 2020
Islamic Help - Yemen Programme seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ABOUT ISLAMIC HELP – YEMEN PROGRAMME
Islamic Help is a UK registered-charity and international NGO established in 2003. It officially launches its work in Yemen in 2012 focusing on WaSH, Health, Food Security, Protection, Orphan welfare, Nutrition and education in more than 15 governorates in Yemen.
In 2020, Islamic Help is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide millions of people with basic services and mitigate the situation of people affected by the current conflict.
Islamic Help starts recently series of WaSH activities in some governorates including water trucking for IDPs and vulnerable groups, digging and rehabilitation of wells and construction of water distribution networks.
To provide efficient and safe transportation and distribution of clean water to beneficiaries affected by the current crisis and suffering from water shortage through water tankers.
1. Daily fill-in tankers with safe and clean water from water pump according to the plan set by the project management.
2. Provide transportation and distribution of clean water to beneficiaries through water tankers to the targeted water tanks in neighborhoods/villages/IDP camps determined by the project management.
3. Daily reporting to the project coordinator in Taiz on distribution of water according to the template of the daily report.
4. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the tanker log book, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
5. Responsible that the assigned tanker is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the project coordinator in Taiz to ensure safe and efficient services.
6. Follow established rules and regulations for delivery of water and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the project coordinator on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
7. Stick to the water distribution plan and instructions related to vouchering, signing the daily logbook of water delivery and any other instructions set by the project management.
8. Proper daily and safe garaging of the tanker.
9- Providing local residents with essential instructions to purify and chlorinate water.
Qualifications & Experience
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned tanker/trucks above 6,000 kg following local rules and regulations.
Experience: One or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably water tankers with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues in Taiz city context and its suburbs.
- Knowledge of the tanker loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of driving operating rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact with local residents.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Islamic Help is an equal opportunity employer.
- Islamic Help does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted through email in English or Arabic language.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 15 of May 2020 with possibility for extension
Salary will be determined after the interview
Kindly send your relevant CV to an email: email@example.com
Kindly write “Water Tanker Driver” in the subject box of the email