Ended Forensic Program Assistant
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Forensic Program Assistant
Contract type: 8 Months
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station: ADEN
Purpose : The Forensic Program Assistant contributes to implementing forensic programs and activities in line with the ICRC’s Forensic Strategy
Accountabilities & ResponsibilitiesThe Forensic Program Assistant contributes to implementing forensic programs and activities in line with the ICRC’s Forensic Strategy.
- Provides technical and administrative support for forensic programs and activities at the delegation.
- Organizes the logistics and prepares materials for training courses and workshops.
- Ensures the delegation has sufficient forensic materials and publications.
- Participates in forensic-related meetings, briefings and training sessions for staff and relevant external stakeholders.
- Provides oral and written reports on forensic issues; prepares mission reports.
- Disseminates ICRC information/messages on forensic science and humanitarian action.
Scope & Impact
- Contributes to strategic direction and planning at the local level.
- Internally, interacts with other members of the Forensic team and the delegation.
- Externally, interacts with national authorities, academic circles, etc. on forensic-related issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in medical, biological or forensic sciences.
- Fluent command of English.
Professional Experience Required
- Experience in forensic case work.
- At least 3 years' proven experience in forensic practice.
- Proven skills and experience in communicating/raising awareness on forensic issues and ability to adapt messages to different audiences.
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Forensic Program Assistant
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 16.02.2020