Ended Livelihoods Assistant
Duty Station [Sa’ada]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
The Livelihoods assistant is responsible to assist the officer in implementation of the project,
Geographic scope: Country (Yemen)
The Project will contribute to the improvement of conflict affected people in Yemen’s access to rights and services through the provision of essential protection services targeting all age groups and all type of beneficiaries including internally displaced persons (IDPs), host communities (HCs), returnees, migrants, refugees and asylum seekers. It will target the most vulnerable individuals including women, men, boys, and girls in Sada'a.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the sensitizing, mobilizing, training, and strengthening Community Based Committees (CBC-with locally accepted opinion leaders) to verify eligible beneficiaries within the approved criteria.
- Assist the project officer in train the community committees.
- Assist in the labour market assessment, need assessment or any other related in need.
- Work closely with the team to ensure all administration requirements in place on time.
- Assist in monitoring the beneficiaries after receiving the small grants.
- Archiving all project documents needed and keep them on record.
- Being fully responsible - with support from Livelihood Officer - for accurately documenting of the project.
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Assisting in understanding and arriving at security related decisions by supplying filed based information;
- Assist in any MEAL activities conducted under the GFA project.
- Attending other related functions as and when assigned by his/her supervisor;
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Secondary school is a minimum education, University degree will be an added advantage
- At least one year working with humanitarian organization, preferable in the same field small grants/business.
- Must be proficient Arabic and had good understanding in English.
- Excellent familiarity to security, programming, and cultural contexts in Sa’adh; At least one year experience in the same contexts.
- Preferable from the same area.
- Must have thorough knowledge of precautions and security concerns for organizing distributions;
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Moreover we also expect the following:
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Good English language (written and spoken)
- Excellent report writing skills including editing the work of others
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 2nd of March, 2020 and be willing and able to work in Sa’ada.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (NMI).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications closing date 16thFeb, 2020
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo