Ended Area Driver
The Driver is responsible for transporting NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved within an area, country or other location.
Duties and responsibilities
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved.
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle.
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service.
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical/vehicle policies at all times.
- Maintain the logbook for all trips.
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment.
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops.
- Drive staff and NRC visitors on official duties, on instruction fleet in charge.
- Maintain real-time logbook for all trips undertaken.
- Pick, drop and circulate mail, letters, contracts, proposals, documents and cargo/materials to the required destination.
- Operate the NRC designated vehicle in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Maintain assigned NRC vehicle in proper operating condition at all times including fuelling, securing, cleaning, timely minor repairs and reporting to the Supervisor of required major repairs.
- In liaison with the Fleet In-Charge arrange for major repairs and servicing of the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the required legal and other documents and equipment. including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses, vehicle logs, first aid kit and necessary spare parts and tools.
- Report immediately eventualities like accidents and breakdowns to the fleet in charge/head driver.
- Ensure that all the necessary records and forms related to the assigned vehicles are used and filled properly filled as required by NRC policies.
- High School diploma with basic maintenance knowledge.
- A minimum of Grade two valid driving licenses.
- Good command of English language.
- Ability to work flexibly including weekends.
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations.
- Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
- Experience from working as Driver with humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Prioritize tasks and manage pressure.
- Work with different environment without feeling intimidated.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
We can offer
Till the end of Dec 2020 Renewable based on funding / Performance.
To apply for this position, please go to this link:
Kindly note that manual CVs are acceptable as well.