Ended Project Manager
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Project Manager
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time contract.
Position reporting to: Program Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: January 7th, 2020.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and manage project according to strict deadlines and within the allocated budget. This includes acquiring resources, coordinating closely with all partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted governorates and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver the project according to its plan. The PM will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Start-up, monitor and evaluate activity plan and implementation of the project activities.
- Production of monthly internal specific report and elaboration of mid-term and final report according with Donor rules and regulation.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Represent SDF into cluster meetings (if needed).
- Supervise the implementation of project activities in a timely manner within scope and within budget.
- Manage all logistical procedures for the project in coordination with the Logistic Coordinator – ensuring SDF and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurement.
- Ensure data is collected regularly to respond to agreed indicators.
- Carry out rapid assessments to investigate further programming opportunities inside the project governorates.
- Build capacity of SDF to meet minimum standards for Protection and shelter programmes in Emergency, including training and mentoring of the staffs with the technical support of the senior management.
- Work with the mission Protection and shelter team to strengthen these sectors in SDF.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Responsible for the total project activities and sub plans such as quality of services improvement, risks management and campaigns regarding the project presenting and impression to the targeted community.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels in compliance with latest best practices.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with relevant parties and other staff members.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned in order to facilitate the project activities.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, process maps and other customized reports for document needs.
Qualification & Requirements:
- At least a Master degree in relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience as project manager, multi-sector approach experience preferred.
- Technical background in protection and shelter - related project.
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular proficiency with MS Office tools is a must).
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and remote management models.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems.
- Willingness to accept basic living standards and frequent field missions.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates, will be given a selection advantage among others.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Feb 15, 2020
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.