Ended Protection Specialist (2)
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Protection Specialist.
Number of Vacancy: (2)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Place: Dhamar, Sana'a
Position type: Full time – contract.
Position reporting to: Protection Officer
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: Feb 10, 2020.
Closing Date: Feb 17, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify individual cases through regular presence in the community as well as asses and respond to cases referred by other agencies and community partners
- Assess vulnerabilities and protection risks and develop case plans that respond to needs addressed in initial and comprehensive assessments and seek support of supervisor when necessary
- Manage cases in line with SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
- Regularly document cases using case notes and other agreed upon forms, update databases to ensure a comprehensive record of the case
- Regularly follow up to ensure all services and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed time frames.
- Provide external referrals when needed and ensure timely and efficient follow up.
- Ensure that progress is regularly reviewed.
- Work with supervisors and managers to arrange case conferences for complex cases and ensure children receive multidisciplinary support
- Ensure that data collection and storage respect data protection protocols and confidentiality principle.
- Prepare progress reports with statistical and narrative information on identification, active caseload, closing of cases and any other activities;
- Ensure that reports are timely, of high quality and serve to inform management decisions;
- for specific events/trainings falling within the scope of responsibilities, ensure that a separate event/training report is submitted. Monitor and supervise the process and quality of identification of SGBV and Child at risk cases by the social workers in the community centers and by protection monitors and counsellors on the field.
- Support and manage the protection team in their daily activities; provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitoring of the progress of the protection project activities.
- Ensure that all urgent cases are addressed immediately and shared with the direct line manager for possible intervention.
- Hold regular caseworker mentoring and couching sessions based on identified needs and gaps.
- Communicate regularly with teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Recommend cash assistance for specific cases managed by the protection specialist.
- Ensure accurate quality reporting on the activities reported, in close collaboration with the Activity Coordinator, to prepare weekly and monthly reporting to be prepared.
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with the colleagues to harmonize approaches and methodologies of response, share challenges and best practices.
- Responsible for his/her referred Cases and insuring they get their services.
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly external referrals cases for supervisor.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Social Service or Sociology or equivalent required.
- At least one years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for SGBV, CP and/or child with Special need.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts' /referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here
not later than Feb 17, 2020
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
. Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.