Ended WatHab Engineer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Taiz (MOCA)
WatHab Engineer 1 plans, designs and implements engineering projects within the scope of the ICRC’s water and habitat assistance objectives with supervision and coaching from their hierarchical superior. S/he monitors on-site works, carries out needs assessments and surveys, and plans new projects. S/he has a close working relationship with external stakeholders related to their projects.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Draws up documents (drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc.) for engineering projects using approved formats; monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Supervises small numbers of contractors working on project sites and conducts quality control of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Creates project files in electronic databases (such as the WatHab Project Assistant application) and keeps them up to date.
- Prepares implementation/progress reports.
- Provides regular information to colleagues on security, stakeholder issues and site progress.
- Manages project purchasing on labour and materials according to the delegation's financial rules.
- Administers hand-over of ICRC-provided infrastructure to end-users.
- Trains or organizes training for end-users in the operation and maintenance of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Uses results-based management to evaluate project implementation.
- Helps identify needs through assessments and surveys.
- University degree in civil, structural or hydrological/hydraulic engineering, architecture or similar.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of local language(s).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Proficient in use of drawing software if working in construction and hydraulic engineering.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and MS project-management suite or equivalent.
Professional Experience Required
- 3-5 years' professional experience in a related field of activity.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering.
- Experience managing 1–3 technical support staff.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary- and client-focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed CV in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained and work certificates
- Short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your applications by email to: Tai_Taiz@icrc.org
Indicating in the subject line: WatHab Engineer 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Deadline to send your application: 17.02.2020