Ended Protection Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Protection Field Officer 1
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Mokha, as part of ICRC Taiz Office (with occasional presence in ICRC Aden mission)
The Protection Field Officer 1 contributes to the implementation and monitoring of ICRC Protection activities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Implements Protection activities under the supervision of the line manager;
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and shares relevant information with relevant team members, reports any change in the situation
- Contributes to the design and as team member to the implementation of protection activities
- Collects, compiles, translates Protection related information (with appropriate care for staff risk management)
- Analyses and contributes to written internal reporting and programmatic activities (institutional exercises)
- Contributes to meaningful internal and external meetings (preparation, participation, reporting and follow up)
- Develops and maintains contacts with authorities at municipal/regional level, local/regional RC branches, population, suppliers…
- Prepares, participates in and reports on all aspects of field mission
- May support and supervise staff in their implementation and monitoring of field projects
- Fosters conducive environment (multidisciplinary approach, team dynamics) among team members.
- Organizes the sustainability and the institutional filing of her/his work.
- University degree in social, political, or economic sciences (or similar) or relevant professional experience;
- Fluent knowledge of English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Computer literacy
Professional Experience Required
- 3 years of previous experience in the social, political, developmental or economic field.
- 1-2 years of work experience for another humanitarian agency desired.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary- and client-focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed CV in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained and work certificates
- Short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your applications by email to: Tai_Taiz@icrc.org
Indicating in the subject line: Protection Field Officer 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Deadline to send your application: 17.02.2020