Human Resources and Administration Manager
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The purpose of the HR and Administration Manager is to ensure the HR systems and procedures are in line with NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation. The role will provide oversight for Human Resources across the whole country programme.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
- Management of the HR team
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Supervision and capacity building of the HR staff in Sana’a, and technical supervision to HR staff in Area Offices.
- Ensure that staff records in all offices are up to date and filed appropriately
- Oversight of recruitment and selection in the country
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis; and ensure monthly reporting on the Global HR Indicators
- Support line managers in implementing correct HR procedures
- Guide senior management team and line managers on HR processes such as recruitment; induction; staff development; performance management; capacity building, reward etc.
- Update and train staff on HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Align/design and effectively implement new staff orientation and training programmes
- Coordinate with HR focal point persons on ground where necessary, clearance of staff separating from the organization, including exit interviews and final dues payments
- In consultation with the Country Director, Head of Support and Area Managers, address staff grievances and disciplinary measures
- Manage the staff Performance Management System
- Coordinate new HR initiatives from NRC HQ and RO, in particular initiatives related to the Staff
- Survey results and the strategic ambition of being a good organisation to work For
- HR focal point for investigations and breaches of Code of Conduct
- Ensure development and implementation of Administrative systems and procedures
- Day to day support to international staff on HR and Administration functions
- Minimum First Level University Degree/Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Business, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experience handling investigations, grievances, and employee relations issues
- Ability to lead and manage a team, including providing remote technical supervision
- Experience working in the Middle East or similar context
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work and live in an insecure environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs.
We can offer
- 12 Month (possibility to renewal depending on donor’s funds availability).
To apply for this job, please click the following link: