Ended Field Engineer Assistant (2)
Location: Based in NFDHR Field Office at Sa'ada Governorate, with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reports to: Construction Field officer
Start date: March 2020
Contract Duration: 8 Months
Salary Range/Level: E1
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peacebuilding and Governance.
- Plan project construction activities in coordination with the WASH Project Manager and project staff.
- Determine scope for chosen works, including technical specifications.
- Assess on-site progress and participate in site-identification to develop a site selection criteria list, as per the technical assessment
- Participate in selection process of technician’s supervisors in the field to ensure the construction/rehabilitation works are implemented properly and with line of agreed specifications.
- Work closely with the project team to mobilize the target communities and other relevant sides in order to make them good sensitized with whole project activities including WASH interventions.
- Assist project team in all soft work activities (carrying out baseline survey/Assessments, formation of community committees).
- Visit the field to ensure contractors are respecting all aspects of GWQ standards.
- Provide capacity building to project technical staff and all WASH activities in the field.
- Monitor resources and coordinate vehicle usage in the field with project staff
- Reporting and Liaising.
- Participate and lead in developing training material for WASH project construction, monitoring and maintenance.
- Conduct sessions with other project staff to discuss and understand all technical aspects of WASH including construction needs, community participation and quality control.
- Write/compile monthly construction progress reports.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, preferably in water and sanitation.
- 2-3 years of experience in WASH related activities.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing water and sanitation systems.
- Experience in site supervision and monitoring.
- English, speaking and writing.
- Proficiency in computer applications MS (Word, Excel), AutoCAD, etc.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tactic and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link
Deadline: 17-02-2020 11:59 Pm
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position.