Ended Construction Field Officer
Location: Based in NFDHR Field Office at Sa'ada Governorate, with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reports to: Integrated Project Manager
Start date: March 2020
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Contract type: Full time contract
Salary Range/Level: D2
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (HEALTH); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
- Coordinate or combine the resources of health care institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies to enhance the community health.
- Design or use monitoring tools, like as screening, lab records, and vital information, to recognize health risks.
- Develop tools to address behavioral causes of diseases.
- Direct or control prevention programs in specialized areas such as aerospace, work-related, infectious disease, and environmental medicine.
- Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
- Recognize groups at threat for specific preventable diseases.
- Prepare precautionary health reports which include problem explanations, analyses, alternate solutions, and suggestions.
- Deliver details about potential health risks and possible treatments to the media, the public, other health care experts, or local, state, and national health regulators.
- Manage or coordinate the work of doctors, nurses, statisticians, or other staff members.
- Educate or train medical team regarding precautionary medicine problems.
- Design, implement, or assess health service delivery systems to enhance the health of specific communities.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition activities by collecting appropriate data from selected beneficiaries, using pre-made questionnaires and/or PRA tools.
- Act as a liaison between communities and the NFDHR office; maintain good relationships with beneficiaries and local leaders/authorities; and report any identified issues to the Project Manager
- Immediately report any challenges or implementation delays to the Project Manager.
- Help the MEAL specialist/team to monitoring and evaluating the assigned Nutrition activities in the field
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and team to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness
- Organize and monitor schedules for the Nutrition project activities and team duties and see that deadlines are met
- Help in monitoring project budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently
- Collecting data, sorting, filing and sending out project files such as reports on field project activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly) to the HEALTH Project officer.
- Coordinate travel needs, schedules and meetings in the field
- Coordinate with the relevant local authorities and communities in the target area to conduct the identification, registration, and verifications of HEALTH beneficiaries
- Help to prepare Nutrition project reports and data in coordination with Project Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Public Health , or a related subject,
- One to two years of experience in a similar field.
- Good in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Technical background in Water and Sanitation interventions.
- Good knowledge of the General Context of Yemen and in particular food security issues.
- Good analytical and planning skills with ability to interpret the situation.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Team work skills.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure, organizing prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Problem solving with ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to write reports and collect data.
- Responsibility, cooperation and take initiatives.
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles.
- Good understanding of complex emergencies
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link
Deadline: 17-02-2020 11:59 Pm
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position.