Ended Roving Liaison Officer
Roving Liaison Officer (1)
Location: Based in NFDHR Sana’a office and Field Office at Sa'ada Governorate, with frequent visits to different governorate /district as needed.
Reports to: Integrated Project Manager
Start date: February 2020
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Contract type: Full time contract
Salary Range/Level: D1
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
Roving Liaison Officer Job Description
A liaison officer is a person that liaises between NFDHR and stakeholders to communicate and coordinate project activates by serving as an official go-between for senior officials of both NFDHR and stakeholders. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
- Act under the authority of the Project Technical Manager to coordinate and control any related standards activities in the WASH and SHELTER project.
- Facilitate communication between NFDHR and stakeholders.
- Provide advice to the stakeholders on NFDHR purposes, principles, and projects.
- The roving liaison officer is expected to have an up-to-date knowledge of NFDHR and NFDHR project including project leadership and the stages of the WASH and Shelter project.
- The roving liaison officer is also expected to be active in the liaison stakeholders and attends their key meeting.
- Responsible for coherent NFDHR response on WASH and Shelter program project pertaining to NFDHR standardization efforts in the liaison with stakeholders.
- Support strategic partnership by providing top quality technical assistance to project planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting in any collaboration.
- Support field staff to coordinate with all stakeholders
- Help field staff to resolve issues raised from the field with stakeholders
- Represent NFDHR in any formal meeting called forth by the stakeholders with the aim of providing a clear and coherent NFDHR message to the liaison stakeholders.
The role of the Liaison Officer is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Liaison Officer is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s WASH and Shelter project activities and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
- University degree in related subject.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Computer application and IT knowledge.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in liaison and coordinating emergency projects.
- 1 years' experience in a humanitarian sector
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Ability to analytical, problem solving and organization skills according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community and deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of NFDHR
- Knowledge of the context
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link
Deadline: 17-02-2020 11:59 Pm
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position.