Grants Management Officer - Partnership (Re- advertised)
Location: Aden, Yemen with travel to the field.
Reports to: Area Manager South with Technical line management to Grants Management Specialist-Partnership
Duration: One year, with a possibility of an extension subject to performance and funding
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has delivered relief and development programming in Yemen since 2008, focusing on protection, emergency, WASH, and mine risk education programming among other sectors.
The overall purpose of the role:
The Grants Management Officer - Partnership will be a key member of the Yemen Grants department. This position will work closely with the Grants Management Specialist-Partnership, and YHPF national NGO Capacity Building project team. This position holder will be responsible for the administrative management of day to day matters related to sub-grants, developing effective relations and communications with all partners, and supporting the Grants Management Specialist-Partnership in establishing and strengthening partnership systems as per DRC standards and contextually relevant best practice. This position holder will also carry out direct training of national NGO staff in line with the goals of the YHPF Capacity Building project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a pre-award assessment of potential partners through DRC pre-award due-diligence tools. Document the partner’s assessment reports in the standard format.
- Liaise with local authorities as needed throughout partner selection process.
- Assist Grants Management Specialist-Partnership in partners selection process by drafting Request for Application documents, performing an initial assessment of partners proposals, arranging selection committee meetings, recording meeting notes and pre-award due diligence process.
- Support in developing and updating the tracking tools and templates for effective partnership management.
- Review the partner’s budgets and ensure that the budget costs are justified and aligned with program activities.
- Assist Grants Management Specialist-Partnership in capacity building plan for partners.
- Training NGO staff on Grants Management procedures, including conducting formal trainings and on-the-job mentorship.
- Coordinate with the Finance team to ensure partners' liquidity and advances for the smooth running of partners' financial reporting.
- Maintain effective coordination with the program colleagues to track partner’s program activities.
- Ensure that timely and reliable sub-grants administration support is provided to all units within the office.
- Maintain regular and effective coordination with partner organizations to ensure smooth implementation of project activities and closeout.
- Monitor sub-grant compliance of partner organizations with the DRC & Donors rule & regulations.
- Provide periodic orientation to partner’s staff on compliance requirements, financial management of sub-grants etc.
- Draft sub-grant agreements and amendments of partners in compliance with DRC rules and regulations. Also, ensure proper program description and responsibility determination for partners.
- Support Grants Management Specialist-Partnership in the review of the program and financial reporting from partner organizations.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree (Bachelor of equivalent) in relevant field (e.g Finance, management, International Development).
- Experience in working on partnership development.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role with NGOs and international NGOs.
- Proven experience working with major donors. EC, ECHO, DFID, CHF, ODFA, UN agencies & DANIDA, among other donors.
- Past experience in auditing will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven Management and supervision skills, team player and proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Must be proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Stable and robust character.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience in training preparation and facilitation as well as capacity building.
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on the DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the below no later than 19th February 2020. Due to the urgency of this hiring, interview will be on a rolling basis; and a candidate maybe identified even before the closing date.