Ended Electricity Specialist
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières - France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: MSFF –Sanaa. With visit of all MSFF project in Yemen (Aden, Khamer, Haydan)
Contract duration: six months (renewable)
Contract type: Full time contract
Beginning of Contract: 1st March 2020
Carry out the assessments and ensure the implementation, day-to-day management and control of the technical part of projects in the electricity fields, in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the project and the infrastructures as well as efficient use of systems and equipment.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to field teams in the energy field and assist in the training of technicians on projects to make them autonomous for preventive maintenance, simple corrective and small jobs.
- Provide troubleshooting and carry out corrective maintenance of the installations when the maintenance team does not have the skills
- Provide training for technicians on the use and maintenance of new installations.
- Act as an itinerant expert of the mission and provide managers with duly documented technical advice.
- Performs regular inspections of the interventions and the condition of the electrical installations.
- Participate in the evaluation of local suppliers and ensure a good supply of stocks.
- Ensure the management of stocks and equipment in his field at the mission level (backups, electrical panels, stabilizers, surge arresters).
- Take care of administrative formalities, classification and registration of installations and repairs made or requested
- Establish a report for all visits and monthly report, to be sent to the LogCo/Deputy LogCo who will share with energy referent.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Electrician training and diploma required.
• Essential previous experience of at least one year as electrician is required
• Experience in MSF or other NGO’s is desirable
• Mission language, English and Arabic essential
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Médecins sans Frontières France – Sanaa
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter, CV and copies of qualifications.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please in the subject of the email: “Electricity Specialist - Sanaa”
Deadline for application: 20th February 2020 at 6:00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.