Reports to: Project Manager-Admin Assistant
Duration: Till March 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Admin Assistant the receptionist will manage and coordinate incoming communication and visitors of ADRA Hjjah Sub - Office and provide administrative support to the team as required .
The Receptionist responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Maintaining the reception area organized.
- Answer phone calls by receiving, giving and dispatching office telephone communication to the relevant recipients.
- Welcoming visitors and inform the respective employee of the intended visit.
- Assisting the HR department with scanning and photocopying when needed.
- Helping field staff in photocopying and scanning documents when needed.
- Typing official letters and filing them.
- Filling forms (MSRF/GRN.
- Managing the stationary (Requesting Withdrawing & the store.
- Any other related taxis assigned by the supervisor .
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school or Diploma in any related field
- good command of written and spoken English is preferred.
- Personal qualities: excellent verbal and written communication, accuracy and attention to detail self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles.
- Committed, responsible and ability to learn.
- Office Suite excel and Word .
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful environment
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.