Ended Finance Assistant
Title : Finance Assistant - (National Position) - Sana'a
Positions : (1)
Application deadline : 21/02/2020
Full-time/part-time : Full-time
Employer : Norwegian Refugee Council
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Maintain proper filling system for all financial and accounting documents
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Responsible for holding petty cash for keeping, maintain cash accounts & insure to have cash count on weekly & monthly basis.
- Responsible for conducting the day to day payments for the country office and ensuring that all supporting documentation is compliant with NRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible to process all the transfers to the beneficiaries and suppliers in the financial service provider’s platform “ S/he will be main responsible for advance and travels claims”
- Ensure that all the financial transactions are scanned and uploaded in accounting system and fully archived in Finance filling room.
- Temporary assume duties of other finance team members when required.
- Other duties or tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- 2 years financial management experience with good numeracy skills
- Basic written & oral English proficiency
- Experience from working as Finance Assistant in a humanitarian / recovery context
- Experience working in complex environment
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work and live in an insecure environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs.
We can offer
- One Year with possibility of renewal upon funds availability.
To apply for this job, please click the following link: