Ended Admin Assistant
Admin Assistant (1 Position)
Duty Station [Aden -Yemen]
“Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
About the job
Under general supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repair tasks in All DRC SAH properties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sure all required maintenance of Aden Office and GHs are provides and their payments are fully paid in timely manner.
- Make sure there is available advance for the urgent needs
- Follow up all the Admin RFPs with Finance Dep and make sure all the suppliers are getting their money un timely manner
- Arrange all visitors’ accommodations in Aden Hotels and complete their RFPs
- Supply Aden Office and GHs with all the requirements and keep them tracked.
- Follow up the office & GHs cleaners and make sure they are doing their responsibilities.
- Keep all the files of Aden office well archived and well organized
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Assure daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Oversee all repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Maintain all supplies and equipment, and ensure proper storage.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Inspect Office and GHs regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance.
- Performing multifaceted general office support.
- Perform other administrative tasks within the Admin scope of activities, as instructed by management.
- Provide office and GHs with the needed stationery and kitchen supply.
- Order office and GHs supplies and requirements.
- Insure cleaners Follow maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out a regular inspection of the office and GHs to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and Plumbing pipes systems of DRC office and GHs to ensure functionality
- Attend, oversee and follow up all repairs and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (Cleaners, Gardeners etc.)
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Assure a good relationship with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance tracker up to date and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with DRC manuals.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Relevant work experience in similar field.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
University degree in a relevant subject; at least one years of professional experience in a similar position; good command of English (written, read, and spoken); good computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel); able to work under pressure; excellent organizational skills; excellent, interpersonal and communication skills; experience and willingness to travel to field offices; relevant NGO experience is a preferable.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a one Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Aden with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close February 16, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo