Ended Human Resources-Administration Assistant
Human Resources-Administration Assistant (1 Position)
Duty Station [Aden -Yemen]
“Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
About the job
Responsible for performing general Human Resources and Administration functions, playing a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time-sheets tracking.
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRC’s Operations Handbook and local HR Handbook.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security,
- Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction with coordintion with HR officer
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
Attendance and leave management
- Track the attendance of all staff day wise in provided finger print as per organization requirement and communication.
- Track leave database, eligibility, availed and closing balances of leaves for DRC staff in excel format.
- Provide this information on monthly basis to the HR officer & Head of office.
- Collect & verified timesheet from DRC south staff and submitted to HR officer. Recruitment (casuals & Regular (below officer level)
- Maintain a database of budgeted positions vis-a-vis current status, number of vacant positions and work towards providing suitable manpower for vacant positions.
- Get directions from the Head of office/Operation Manager about the new causal positions, contribute actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implement them.
- Generate offer letters; contract letters for the selected candidates issue them.
Staff Insurance / benefits
- Follow up with CO or insurance service provider staff issues This includes adding or terminating employees from the benefit programs and helping to answer questions or resolve benefit related issues that may arise Administration
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
- Payment of office and guest house bills.
- Responsible for office supplies.
- Responsible for necessary repairs & maintenance in a timely manner in coordination with the Logistics staff.
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
- Ensure that DRC staff have Identification cards (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 1 year's relevant work experience in similar field.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a one Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Aden with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close February 16, 2020.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo