Ended ICLA Officer (Re-Advertised)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Ensure that ICLA Project activities are implemented in accordance with approved proposals, donor requirements, NRC policies, international standards and local customs.
- Act as a focal person for needs assessment and beneficiary selection.
- Has oversight responsibility in ensuring smooth project cycle from implementation, project monitoring, verification of completion and evaluation.
- Lead project activities, giving advice and information to beneficiaries on the processes involved, awareness sessions and managing local authorities' capacity building programmes.
- Apply participative and inclusive process in project implementation and in promoting local capacities to help them wherever possible.
- Understand the situation, including the legal situation (according to national and international laws and principles), for displacement affected persons and migrants in Yemen.
- Assist in developing and implementing case management system and database of cases.
- Support preparing and updating of mapping of all service providers in the area of responsibility.
- Conduct information and counselling sessions on ICLA thematic areas for beneficiaries.
- Assist in conducting needs assessments for the selected target groups; including focus groups; questionnaires; surveys; and stakeholder interviews.
- Prepare documents containing legal and related information for target communities.
- Establish excellent relations with beneficiaries, including understanding the needs of beneficiaries through regular visits and frequent contact.
- Document findings of ICLA needs assessments; including preparation of reports and other relevant documents.
- Regularly meet with other relevant actors and stakeholders and coordinate work, including attending meetings in the field.
- Identify awareness-raising and outreach opportunities for ICLA work and assist in conducting sessions.
- Identify training needs for beneficiaries and stakeholders and, as relevant, prepare and conduct training.
- Assist in conducting research as required.
- Assist in strategic review; monitoring and evaluation activities and identification of other relevant ICLA activities.
- Collation of information on government and NGO policies pertaining to IDP's and monitors the general context through regular field access to identify issues affecting IDPs which relate to ICLA themes.
- Contribute to the development of NRC's Country strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities in the ICLA sector.
- Supervise, evaluate and appraise ICLA Project Assistant (s) in Yemen.
Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
University degree in law, social studies, development studies / other relevant field/the equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with NGO, legal or international organization in the area of protection or human rights.
- Experience from working as a Protection Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience working with and implementing projects through local partners.
- Training skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Budget monitoring.
- Experience in research and data analysis.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own skills/profile.
- lawyers with proficiency in English" will be prioritized.
Knowledge of the context in Yemen o Knowledge of the English and Local language.
- Experience working with government, local authorities, humanitarian actors, migrants host community and displaced populations (IDPs and Refugees).
We can offer
Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please click the following link to apply: