Ended C4D Officer
Field medical foundation (FMF)
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio economic situation in Yemen since 2012
Title: Communication for Development (C4D) officer
Start date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months
Improved capacity, skills and competencies of volunteers and health workers to provide quality nutrition services at facility and community levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect and compile baseline information on social, Nutrition and health parameters of the project areas and design community based program profile.
• coordination and develop clear work plan for community health and nutrition activities, and share it with community volunteers and the stakeholders from public health sector.
• Lead and facilitate the field teams in implementing the work plan in the ground.
Create success stories from the field.
• Keep close coordination and liaison with field team, community, and partners and assist them in developing high quality health education.
• control the community health volunteers in organizing community meetings, workshops, and campaigns.
• Take lead in resolution and management of the relevant community conflicts over common issues related with the project.
• Regularly monitor field activities, maintain working relationship between team member and community.
• Design and plan for all type of Campaigns and conducting assessment and surveys as needed.
• Organize trainings and exposure to improve knowledge and skill of the project communities and volunteers to deliver high quality community based activities.
• To participate in developing Community volunteer guidelines in accordance with Ministry of health policy.
• Document and share lesson learnt, achievements and successes from the field.
• To collect the monthly reports from community health volunteers, revise them and provide feed back to the field team.
• Develop monthly narrative achievement report compiled with statistic report to the direct supervisor.
• To conduct a monthly meetings with community health volunteers to discuss all related issues and to put plan for the coming period.
• Conduct frequent field visits to the targeted locations and provide a report with the outcome of the visits.
• To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor
Knowledge and Experience:
• A University Degree in social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology Psychology, Health, Education) with an emphasis on strategic communication for behavior development, social mobilization.
• A minimum of 2 years in awareness and behavior changes projects.
• Good knowledge in English.
• Able to Communicate, work with people and drive for results.
• Analysis, planning and organizing skils.
• Ability to write reports in both English and Arabic language professionally.
• Be a team player and ready to collaborate with others in a positive manner.
• Honest, hardworking and committed to community development
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.