Ended Obstetrician and Gynecologist (3)
Division : Programs
Location: Bait Al-Faqeeh Hospital, Bait Al-Faqeeh District, Hodeida. Razeh Hospital, Razeh District, Sa’adah. Al-Mazahen Hospital, Far’ Al-Odain District, Ibb.
Duration: 6 months renewable.
Salary: Very competitive.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
Physicians who provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and those who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. May also provide general medical care to women.
Tasks and Duties:
- Examine patient to obtain information on medical condition and surgical risk.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods.
- Treat diseases of female organs.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
- Operate on patients to treat conditions.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Prepare official health documents or records.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Essential, Gynecology specialist academic degree i.e. Master, board...etc.
- At least 2 years in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Strong Command of Arabic and English
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, internet)
- Result-oriented, flexible, committed, and good at stress management.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Thursday, Feb 27th, 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title and the name of the city you are applying for in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.