ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit, Aden and Shabwa Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
MEAL Assistant – 1 position
The main duty of MEAL Assistant is to assist the MEAL Officer in the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems in the Programme Area. This includes the design of participatory data collection methods, data analysis and internal reporting. The Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant also collects the Beneficiary Feedback and Complaints Mechanism in the Programme Area.
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- Assisting the MEAL Officer in developing, implementing the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system for the programs.
- Training the relevant data collectors in the field of MEAL system, ensuring they use the required formats/sheets effectively as required and desired
- Developing and updating the database for storing projects data and information (data entry).
- Updating project database on regular basis through entering and processing relevant data on timely basis.
- Collating and extracting relevant information from the project database on a regular basis, ensuring information/data are available upon request.
- Conducting regular field monitoring to identify challenges and present to the program management for corrected actions
- Coordinate data collection and management at field level
- Actively participating in conducting baseline and verification assessments, annual project reviews, and final evaluations
- Systematically and frequently capturing progress, successes and challenges with photo camera and video.
- Assisting the MEAL officer in the functionalisation of the Feedback & Complaints Mechanism among partners and beneficiaries and ensuring that an updated Log sheet is shared monthly with the MEAL Officer.
- Supports the development and updating of relevant MEAL frameworks, working closely with project teams, the MEAL Coordinator and Technical Coordinators (EFSVL, WASH and protection).
- With support from MEAL Coordinator ensure implementation of MEAL frameworks and adherence to ZOA quality standards.
- Overseeing recruitment and training of data collectors
- Carrying out and supervising data collection (Focus group discussions, post-distribution monitoring, surveys, observations etc.) and data entry.
- Making initial data processing and coordinate with Project Team and partners in finalising quantitative and qualitative data analyses and drafting of reports.
- Reports to / alert the project team on regular basis on any anticipated project issues, risks and any emerging opportunities and threats to the project implementation, related to this role.
- Supports in the establishment and management of beneficiary database system
- Supports the Project Management in producing clear and quality reports that demonstrate accountability and learning.
- Ensures all MEAL-related data and files are properly organized and stored
- Ensure all projects IPTT (Indicator Performance Tracking Table) are regularly monitored and the information is up to date.
- Shares feedback and complaints with field teams and track follow-up.
- Support the management of evaluations, including the coordination of field-based data collection activities, review of evaluations reports, sharing of evaluation findings and recommendations with intended audiences.
- Monitor the implementation of evaluation recommendations at field level
- Assist the project team and partners in documenting lessons learnt, collecting best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- ZOA International Yemen Partners
- Field office team
- Area/Program Manager
- Senior MEAL officer
- Program Quality department
- Bachelor degree in Computer Studies, Information Technology or Statistics
- Two years of M&E experience related to development and humanitarian aid
- Excellent report writing skills
- knowledge of project cycle management and M&E systems, processes and tools
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Good English language skills
- Ability to work in field locations
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures
- Knows how to prioritize
- Alerts the Director of Operations when financial and operational problems, issues, risks arise including fraud
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Flexible conduct
- Customer-friendly attitude
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Up to 50% travel to the field locations in the Programme Areas.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2020 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy. Kindly put the following in the subject field: MEAL Assistant
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المدينة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 20th of February 2020