Ended Logistics and Procurement Assistant
Logistics and Procurement Assistant:
Duration: 4 Months
Dead line: 22\02\2020
Reference code : Logistics and Procurement Assistant #20-UNHCR
About YARD foundation:
Yemen Alkhair for Relief and Development-(YARD)
Yemen AlKhair for relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, It is mainly working in field of Education, Wash & Sanitation, Food Security, Nutrition, Health, Protection, Shelter and social empowerment in all the Governorates of Yemen. We are seeking a national, highly qualified individual, to fill in The Logistics and Procurement Assistant position to lead the foundation and implement its vision and strategy
The Logistics and Procurement Assistant reports administratively to the Logistics and Procurement Officer. The Logistics and Procurement Assistant is an integral member of the YARD team and provide support to YARD staff through Procurement and Logistics Officer in respect of following distinct areas:
- Logistics and procurement Including warehouse and fleet management;
- Capacity Development in respect of logistics and procurement.
The assistant will be based in Sana’a and he/she will travel to YARD branches to provide support as and when needed.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Assist Procurement and Logistics Officer undertake the Logistics & Procurement tasks:
- Assist Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure efficient and effective delivery of logistics, procurement, and administration services.
- Initiate annual and periodic procurement plan, including budget in coordination with the Programme teams.
- Support and maintain a well-functioning YARD logistics and procurement operation.
- Support and follow-up procurement processes with (international and local) suppliers; and document the procurements accordingly.
- Update tracking record of the procurement items/materials and transportation of the same.
- Support the timely transport of relief goods to the respective branches in coordination with the YARD.
- Support local procurement processes for YARD in close coordination with YARD team.
- Ensure proper maintenance and services of equipment, vehicles, guest houses, warehouses and other essential installation.
- Maintain proper record of drivers’ performance, fuel consumption and report monthly vehicles use.
- Maintain records of all procurements related documents and keep an inventory and post in appropriate locations and update regularly.
- Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors, and arrange transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Maintain records of YARD stock at YARD warehouses and reporting on stock levels to the YARD Head of Office.
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with YARD movement logistics standards and regulations.
- Support Procurement and Logistics Officer to develop and update the logistics and procurement guidelines and also support YARD staff to develop relevant essential guidelines.
- Assist Procurement and Logistics Officer (P&LO) to develop warehouse and fleet management guidelines.
- Assist P&LO to identify procurement and logistics capacity development needs and subsequently suggest, design and assist YARD in building the logistics and procurement capacity of YARD, where applicable.
- Initiate management of relevant training and support P& LO to conduct training to build capacity of YARD staff and volunteers on logistics and procurement.
- Visit YARD branches to supervise and provide on-site support for procurement and logistics capacity development and, support Supervisor to orient the YARD Teams as appropriate.
- Assist in ensure compliance with YARD procedures (SOPs) and procurement guidelines.
- Stay abreast of new YARD and/or partner procurement guidelines and inform the YARD Teams accordingly.
- Participate in relevant internal YARD meetings, development forums, workshops, courses or external meetings,
- Take acting responsibility when P&LO is absent
- Provide backup for other YARD staff, as required.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the YARD management.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the YARD goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the YARD principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in related field;
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience; Experience in the Humanitarian Field will be an advantage;
Languages: English and Arabic
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English with a cover letter to
with the job title as the email subject. The code reference must be indicated in the email.