Ended Finance Assistant
Position : Finance ASSISTANT
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Unit (Finance)
Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification : G 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract,6 Months (Renewable)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 01, March 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, Sana’a and direct supervision of the Head of Sub office, Marib and the direct thematic supervision of the Finance Officer, the successful candidate will support in Financial and treasury for IOM Programmes in Yemen. In particular, s/he will
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Verifies invoices and ascertains that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Make timely payments to suppliers and staff members;
- Maintains the Petty Cash account for the Mission.
- Monitors bank account movements and bank balances on daily basis.
- Verifies integrity of all data posted in PRISM (Financial Software) including the correct use GL accounts for all entries;
- Verifies integrity of all financial supporting documentation; properly file and archive thereof according to I0M’s and Donor regulations.
- Assists with the maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing monthly bank reconciliation;
- Checks vendor accounts for down payments on monthly basis and eventual clearing in a timely manner;
- Brings to the attention of the COM/RMO any relevant financial and budgetary issues;
- Maintains the vendor accounts of the IOM mission and reports on monthly basis to the RMO;
- Makes sure that the payment is being endorsed by all the staff/officials before proceeding with it;
- Calculate and process employee travel expense claims;
- Performs other due as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Certificate from an accredited academic institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferably with a professional certification as chartered accountant or certified public accountant; in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum four years (two years for Degree Holders) in related field; preferably within the United Nations and the International Humanitarian Field
- Proactive; Independent Worker; A great team player; knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable; knowledge of IOM accounting system, software and procedure a distinct advantage.
- Fast Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills;
English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Sunday 01 March, 2020
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line
SVN2020.025 Marib, Finance Assistant G4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
From 17.Feb.2020 to 01.March.2020