Ended Team Leader - Finance
Team Leader - Finance
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
The position of North West Team leader Finance is a Key position within the DRC Yemen with primary responsibilities for financial functions for DRC operations in the North West area ( Hajjah, Hodeidah ) governorates.
- Monthly bank reconciliation using DRC Dynamics
- Ensure high quality of financial supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that bank and cash payments and receipts are processed in a timely manner within the agreed timeframe of minimum 1 days after receipt of complete documentation and maximum 2 days after receipt of complete documentation.
- Ensures that financial transactions are processed in accordance with DRC policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures that financial transactions are accurately recorded in the cashbook in a timely manner.
- Ensures that financial transactions are accompanied by appropriate and relevant supporting documentation dully signed and authorized by relevant Program Manager / budget holder.
- Ensure that finance function is working properly in the North West offices.
- Ensures that financial records, both paper and electronic formats, are up to date, filed in and orderly manner, kept securely, and easily retrievable.
- Monitor that there is a complete and accurate record of all petty cash transactions and maintained properly.
- Ensures that cash is counted, reconciled with cashbook balance, recorded on the cash count form, and dually signed and authorized on daily basis.
- Ensures that bank statements are reconciled and dully signed and authorized periodically or as and when required.
- Responsible to send mid-month& end month cashbooks of North West offices to country office in a timely manner and as agreed deadlines for review and further processing.
- Participates in development of budgets for the North West area.
- Responsible for the settlement of the Ledger accounts.
- Assists in financial audits as and when required.
- Manage the finance team in Hajjah office and technical management for North West field offices.
- To work closely with the other support functions in the North West Offices.
- Responsible to update the North West Master budget and BFUs in consultation with the SSM & AM.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all subordinates fully understand and abide by Local Safety Rules, approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and safety incident reporting practices.
- Any other relevant task as may be assigned by the line Manager, supervisor and HoSS.
Required experience and competencies
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have a degree in Finance Management or any relevant.
. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2 years’ Experience in Finance managerial position.
- Will adhere to all Local Safety Rules and approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), to ensure the safe and secure implementation of activities for staff, stakeholders, and partners.
- Good English language (written and spoken)
- Excellent report writing skills including editing the work of others
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
Contract length: Till 31/12/2020, with possible extension based on fund and performance.
Work place: Hajjah Roving
Start date: 20/03/2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (MG).
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: Mar 5th, 2020. We expect to conduct interviews on Mar 10th, 2020.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com. If you are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo