Ended Area Finance Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring financial management systems and procedures are in place and that NRC’s and donors’ accounting practices and standards are adhered to in the area offices
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
- Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise Finance staff in the area.
- Play essential role in procurement processes and ensure compliance as a member of bid committee; verify purchase orders for completeness.
- As per the country authorization table, verifies payment vouchers/cheques/cash payments in order to ensure that complete supporting documentation is available
- Responsible for area office payments and signatory changes of all area office bank accounts.
- Ensure that all payments are processed on time and have good overview of the locations of the signatories at any given time
- Contribute in the design, development and implementation of the financial management policies, procedures and practices
- Facilitate and support the country Finance Manager in audit preparations and close-out.
- Maintaining overall budget control; provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the Area financial status.
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports as appropriate for review and consolidation by the country Finance Manager
- Ensure accurate, reliable master budget is in place and updated
- Support budget holders and various support staff to prepare quality budget proposals.
- Responsible for the implementation of anti-corruption procedures and policies in south area offices
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, through working across programme and support teams and the development of relevant guidance and Standard Operation Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programmes by participating in assessments and response analysis discussions
For more details refer to this Job Description
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal (Arabic is an advantage)
- Education degree in Finance or accounting
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
Contract Duration: 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding
Job Grade: 8
Travel: 40% within Yemen
Duty station: Aden
These are two positions to be filled: Open to both Yemen Nationals and International applicants.