Ended Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8A
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, The M&E Officer will work closely with all program staff to ensuring that program teams are supported to carry out their planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities and improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes. Including developing high quality written products. The emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for program reach, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the various IRC sectors and departments. This position will be based in Aden but will require frequent travel to the field. The M&E Officer will technically supervise M&E Assistants in Aden and Abyan, and report to the M&E Manager based in Aden.
- Provide direct support to the Monitoring and Evaluation process of all the projects in the field site
- Support projects to adhere to the IRC`s Monitoring for Action standards
- Supervise data entry processes and provide complete, accurate and consistent data to Managers in the field to ease data analysis and action planning.
- Take part in all data analysis and action planning meetings organized in the field
- Keep the database up to date and help program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports
- Assess M&E technical capacity needs in the Field office, prepare and implement a capacity-building plan with support from the M&E Manager
- Assist program staff with survey implementation, data analysis, presentation, and use
- Conduct regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified
- Submit to the M&E Manager weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field
- With support from the M&E Manager, provide capacity building and mentorship to Field staff in data collection, cleaning, analysis, presentation, and use
- Represent IRC Yemen at inter-agency M&E coordination forums
- Assist the M&E Manager in developing and dispatching IRC Yemen Program visibility external communication materials
- Foster good relationships and team spirit with program and operations staff in the field
- Perform any other M&E tasks assigned by the M&E Manager or his/her supervisor
- Sign off and abide by team-building principles in the field of assignment and within IRC in general (The IRC Way standards)
- Promote a high-performance environment in the field
- Be innovative and open to learning new approaches to M&E
Specific skills for the post:
- Competence in using computer packages including Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and efficiently
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts
- Ability to work under pressure/cope with tight deadlines
Qualifications and experience:
- A postgraduate or bachelor`s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics or a related subject area with 3-5 years’ experience in M&E
- Validated technical skills in M&E at field level
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Strong data interpretation, report writing, and presentation skills
The IRC and IRC workers must carry out the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and makes sure policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: March 26, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.