Ended Office Manager
Vacancy Announcement – Office Manager - Aldhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeida, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Office Manager
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 9 months, renewable
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Programs Implementation and Oversight
1.1. Project implementation and Follow-up
- Support (Deputy) Project Managers through trouble shooting and eliminating blocking points
- Ensure coordination between (D)PMs and AME/Database for timely monitoring and reporting on field activities
- Assist (D)PMs in monitoring cash burn rates and BFUs and project reports
- Ensure that relevant project factsheets are up-to-date and available for reporting and communication purposes with local stakeholders
- Facilitate the capitalization of lessons learned and their communication throughout the projects
- keep up to date information about project advancements in the area, assists the PC in identifying synergies between projects upon request, provides information to PD department for proposals involving the area.
1.2. Internal Coordination
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing for a positive working environment in the Base
- Ensure that Programs, Logs, Finance AME and Compliance teams are coordinating, sharing information and supplying required documentation
- Ensure implementation of ACTED programs at base level; WAM meeting
- Ensure all sub-area level reporting documentation is submitted to Area-level Head of Departments in a timely manner.
1.3. Staff Oversight
- Ensure that all staff in the base understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities related to base operations and link with the area Head of Departments
- Manage interpersonal conflicts among staff at base level
- Promote team building, productivity and staff welfare
- Mentor and support the team to build capacities, and improve efficiency and performance, and follow career management
- Inform the Area Coordinator and Program Coordinator of challenges and problems in the sub base;
2. External Representation, Liaison & Security
2.1. External Representation
- With guidance from the Aden Liaison Officer, ensure regular communication and liaison with MOPIC, Governor’s Office and other local authority stakeholders to maintain ACTED’s positive relationship, acceptance and reputation locally.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other cluster/humanitarian actors in Al Dhalee and ensure communication and coordination on humanitarian activities
- facilitate reporting and engagement with other humanitarian actors and authorities in the area
- Flag to the AC and PC humanitarian gaps in the area and opportunities for ACTED to deliver additional assistance, based on communication and liaison with key stakeholders
- Assist and support the Safety Officer with safety and acceptance improvements, trainings and follow up on safety and security incidents and reporting
3. Office Administration and Management
- Track and control all support costs and spending on the base, ensure efficiency and ensure local support team report to Aden base
- Ensure the timely, compliant payment of all base support costs.
4. FLAT Management (Under the supervision and support of the AC and DAC)
4.1. Administration and HR Management
- Proactively suggest adaptation of the staffing structure at sub base level to needs and funding in coordination with area coordination
- Ensure transparent and timely recruitment of national staff
- Ensure regular performance appraisal and career management for staff at sub base level
- Contribute and support HR Officer to deliver HR TITANIC reporting
4.2. Finance Management
- Support and assist the Finance team in accurate budget forecasting and efficient cash flow management
- Track and assist the sub-base Finance team in ensuring timely and accurate base finance TITANIC reporting
4.3. Logistics & IT Management
- Follow up and coordinate between teams to support timely, compliant procurement, stock and asset management and communications, and timely and accurate TITANIC reporting
- Assist the Logistics Officer with vehicle rental planning, fuel and driver management to ensure compliant and efficient fleet management
- Evaluate and prioritize maintenance and equipment needs against available budget
4.4. Transparency/Compliance Management
- Support and follow up with the Compliance Assistant to minimize risk of fraud and corruption and ineligible costs
- Support the Compliance Assistant with the design and delivery of trainings and capacity buildings on ACTED’s policies and procedures, including ACTED’s transparency and whistle blowing policy
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and
- professional conduct in relation to ACTED’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- At least 5 years' experience in relevant field in an INGO
- At least 3 years' experience with people management
- Experience managing field offices
- Experience in project management and proven organizational skills
- Good knowledge of relevant donors
- Experience dealing with national partners and local/government authorities.
- Bachelor in business administration, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in team management
- To be fluent in English (written, read, spoken)
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures
- Knows how to prioritize
- Alerts the Area Coordination when financial and operational problems, issues, risks arise including fraud
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Office Manager and rename your CV as: First & Last name + Office Manager).
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 26 March 2020.
- Candidates from AlDhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification