Ended Communications Manager
Position Specification: ONE
March . 2020
ONE is a Yemeni-backed and run business developing a mobile money e- wallet for the Yemeni population. ONE consists of a diverse team blending technical and operational expertise in developing and launching mobile money platforms.
In bringing mobile money at scale to Yemen, the wallet will make a significant contribution to financial inclusion and customer protection, economic growth, and deliver sustainable, long-term positive outcomes for the Yemeni population and generations to come.
ONE enables people to use their mobile phone to easily pay for their goods, leveraging over 100,000 retail and distributor’s network to build commercial acceptance for digital payments. No other entity has commercial reach to successfully rollout an accepted Mobile Wallet.
ONE’s vision is to make every customer financially confident and in control.
Position Title: Communications Manager
Location: Sanaa- Yemen
Reporting Relationships: CMO
Main Focus and Challenges
The position will manage the organization's internal/external communications activities including advertising, marketing, media relations. The Communication Manager will create, implement and oversee communication programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products. The role may aid in the preparation of presentations and/or speeches geared toward employees and consumers.
- Developing and formulating communication channels of the company
- Recognizing the target audience and formulating communications with regard to them
- Working with advertising agency to produce relevant and targeted campaigns
- Playing a major role in marketing and advertising activities by writing press releases and notes
- Formulating speeches for public addresses within and outside the company
- Training staff in order to improve their communication skills
- Formulating speeches for senior executives that are to be used in high level meetings
- Proofreading and editing all communication articles emanating from the company
- Formulating write ups to be used in presentations in corporate events
- Ensure all messaging aligns with key business strategies
- Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels
- Create presentations, articles, reports, and information for inside sales use.
- Develop or commission market research as needed
- Brainstorm and collaborate with teams for new ideas and strategies
- Work with PR Agencies and Marketing to coordinate budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports
- Plan, create, and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials
- Develop strategies for current and existing products, launches, and promotions
- Identify media and press opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field
- Six years of experience in communications, PR, or related field
- Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A basic knowledge about publicity campaigns and other commercial activities
- Ability to tap into the pulse of target audience in order to customize content and make it more effective
- Excellent analytical and observation skills
- A strong grasp on grammar, proactive writing, language and powerful writing
- Good leadership qualities
- An excellent eye for detail in order to spot mistakes in written drafts
- Must be alert and quick to grasp the requirements of the piece to be written
- Good computer knowledge in word processors
ONE is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
If you are interested, please send your C.V to HR@onemoney.org
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.