Ended Health Officer
Job Title: Health Officer
Band / Level / Grade: 8B
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
- This position is to provide technical support to health services including general clinical care as described in the pooled fund project.
- The position is based in Abyan and need to work with one Mobile Health team (MHT), five supported Health Facilities, and supervise Primary Health Care and Reproductive health activities with field travelling in Rusod district. S/he will be reporting to Health Manager.
- Assess, plan and implement necessary training for health staff, Incentives Workers (IWs).
- To prepare and implement plan for health activities, with the mentorship of the Health manager, ensure that plans are up to date, understood by staff and monitored daily.
- Participate in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health activities to ensure achievement of the project's objectives.
- Conduct regular briefing and supervision of MHT staff, and IWs assessing technical and qualitative performance, and providing on job training, mentorship and mentoring as the need arises to ensure quality service delivery.
- Coordinate health activities with MOPHP health units, health cluster, and referral hospital.
- Review weekly and monthly reports and provide feedback to the staff on the progress of the activities.
- Review project indicators and ensure that targets of the project achieved.
- Compiling the field reports using the standards format and submitting it to the Health, and Reproductive managers.
- Prepare monthly visit schedule for MHT and ensure the team follows the schedule.
- Ensure all required supplies such as drugs and other supplies are available for the use by MHT and IWs.
- Assist in other relevant activities as requested by Health Manager
- University degree in Medical field or a related technical or public health field. Knowledge and skills in crafting and implementing appropriate and effective interventions
- Analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current context, priorities, and issues in monitoring, data collection and evaluation
- Ability to work collaboratively with Community and other departments within IRC, health facilities and other organizations
- Experience working in health projects.
- Experience of capacity building, staff training and mentoring
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent English and Arabic (spoken and written).
- Strong skills in reporting, including narrative writing and data analysis.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: March 29, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.