Ended CCCM Field Assistant
CCCM field assistant
Position Title: CCCM field assistant
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates,
Duration: 10 Months
Position type Full time
Starting Date: ASAP ( As Soon As Possible )
Application Deadline: 26- March -2020
Position reporting to: CCCM coordinator
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and youth-led organization that is targeting youth and community in general. IYCY has contributed to Youth and community development through its programs and interventions. The span of programs and activities focus not only on youth and women but also on the community as a whole. Its projects include WASH, Nutrition, Food Security, Health, Shelter, Governance, Education, Peace, Energy, Environment and Climate Change as well as Youth development. it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
IYCY has a legal and independent personality. IYCY was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
The CCCM field Assistant is responsible for building relationships with beneficiaries, information management, local level capacity building, facilitating meetings, and assisting other IYCY field teams with project implementation. This is a field based position and may require spending extended periods of time in the field.
He/ She will be responsible of overall CCCM activities ensuring it meets the project plan as designed. he/she has to work in close coordination with different stakeholders in the district in addition to the volunteers in the targeted communities. He/ She will facilitate the staff under his supervision on activities implementation quality.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Partner coordination and service monitoring
- Support coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites, on a day-to-day basis
- Monitor service provision at site level using agreed tools, including through observation, conducting assessment, and collecting input from community members. Record and report data in a timely and accurate manner.
Community participation and representation
- Organize regular meetings with community groups and committees, ensuring participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups, taking minutes of meetings and attendance sheets
- Support organization of trainings to community committees, humanitarian agencies, and community members, on topics including on protection, fire response, and CCCM
Communication with communities and accountability
- Conduct Communications with Communities (CwC) activities in the sites, including regular outreach to the community and information campaigns, supported by daily workers as needed
- Support community mobilization efforts or information campaigns of community representatives or other humanitarian agencies as needed
- Implement Complaints and Response Mechanisms (CRM) activities in each of the sites: receive complaints, make referrals and ensure feedback is received, and ensure good data management
- Conduct regular data collection, including on service availability and standards in the sites
- Submit timely and accurate reports and data
- Participate in assessment and data collection exercises as needed
- Ensure information is shared back with partners and communities
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promote and adhere to IYCY’s Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
- Promote participation and representation of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalised groups in all SMC and partner activities
- Support vulnerable persons including through referral to protection partners, and support vulnerable persons at specific events (e.g. distributions, registration)
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities
- Support site assessment / committee formation / training to community
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to CCCM Focal point
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents or risks to CCCM Focal point
- Any additional task as requested by the line manager
- Conduct assessments and surveys of IDP sites, collecting information on overall services available, including WASH, health, protection, shelter, among others covering the basic needs of the population.
- Support the CCCM team in organizing capacity building trainings for local authorities and partners
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor degree in community Development, Project Planning and Management, Education or a related Social Science degree.
- Preferable experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Good written communication skills;
- Good computer literacy, including use of smartphones and MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Good verbal and written English skills are of benefit;
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is of benefit;
- Experience in CCCM or Protection programming is of benefit.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
Qualified Applicants meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the following link:
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.